5 Reasons Why Water is a Powerhouse!
With all the caffeine and sugar loaded sodas, energy drinks, and juices, we hope you did not forget about our naturally good friend water. You might ask, why? Let’s just say water is actually a lot better than you might think it is! Most people don’t even know about the benefits about ‘boring old’ water.
Did you know?
- You can stay slim with water! Water alone speeds up your metabolism and helps you feel full. So replace those calorie-filled beverages and drink some water instead!
- Water makes you 70% stronger! Your muscles are composed of 70% water, and when you don’t have enough water in them, they become weak and you become tired. Most people do not even know that they might be dehydrated! So stay hydrated because you will feel better, and your muscles will be able to do more!
- Water is a stress reliever! Your brain tissue is also largely composed of water – sort of like your muscles. Again, if you’re dehydrated, your body and your mind become tired and strained. So keep water with you wherever you go, because if you’re thirsty, then you’re already dehydrated.
- Water keeps your skin in good condition. Your skin actually contains water and uses it to stay soft and smooth. Dehydration can actually cause dryness and wrinkles in the skin. Staying hydrated might not get rid of wrinkles already present, but it’ll sure stop more from appearing.
- Water maintains kidney health. Your kidneys do a lot of work every day by cleansing the toxins from your body. However they can become overworked and do less of a good job if they do not have water to help! Water transports wastes in and out of the cells, the main one being blood urea nitrogen, a water-soluble toxin excreted in urine. Without adequate water during the day, your kidneys can become overworked which leads to painful kidney stones.
All in all, water really is one of the best drinks in the world. So stay hydrated because you’ll feel a lot better, and you’ll be a lot healthier!