You’ve probably used olive oil a lot for cooking, especially if you have an Italian heritage. Personally, I’ve been using olive oil for years, pretty much cooking all of my food with it, as there are many health benefits from cooking with olive oil. In this article, I want to talk about some of those health benefits,
Coconut oil has many uses, from cooking to shining silverware, you could even say there are a plethora of uses. Wanting to know more about some of the weird and odd uses of coconut oil, I found three helpful uses that could be of great benefit to you! Whitening teeth Coconut oil has recently
This excellent mask leaves your skin feeling clean and fresh through its powerful main ingredients.
The first ingredient, activated charcoal is similar to common charcoal, but it’s made especially for use as medicine. To make activated charcoal, manufacturers uses either steam or chemicals to activate the charcoal, the process causes the charcoal to develop internal spaces or “pores.” These pores help activated charcoal “trap” chemicals and are, thus, used in the emergency treatment of certain kinds of poisoning. Because of it’s fragments of the super molecule Buckmisterfullerene, activated charcoal has phenomenal absorptive capacities. Its ability to absorb 500x it’s weight in impurities makes it an excellent ingredient to include in skin clearing masks. Not only does activated charcoal draw out the impurities and unwanted toxins from the skin, it also helps reduce inflammation and tighten the pores.
Known for its ability to absorb and remove toxins, heavy metals, impurities, and chemicals, bentonite clay is another great ingredient for detoxifying the skin. It is truly is a unique clay due to its ability to produce an “electrical charge” when hydrated. Upon contact with fluid, its electrical components change, giving it the ability to absorb toxins.
Yogurt contains lactic acid, an alpha hydroxy acid that dissolves dead skin cells. This gentle exfoliation not only helps to create a natural glow and prevent breakouts, but works to diminish the appearance of lines and wrinkles. When topically applied to the skin, a velvety yogurt face mask will help moisturize, fight acne, prevent premature aging, relieve sunburn, and reduce discoloration.
Activated Charcoal Face Mask
- 2 tbsp Greek yogurt
- 2 capsules Activated Charcoal
- 1/4 tsp Bentonite clay
- Few drops of Rose water
- To prepare, break open the charcoal capsules and place in a non-metallic bowl. Activated charcoal and bentonite clay draw out the impurities and therefore should not come into contact with metallic mixing materials.
- Add the yogurt, bentonite clay and a few drops of rose water and mix with a wooden spoon. Apply to clean face, avoiding eye area.
- Leave for up to 10 minutes. If your skin is very congested, the activated charcoal will bond with the impurities and get stuck in your pores, leaving small black spots on your skin.
- Steam your face with hot water, or towel before and after to open the pores. Finish with a light scrub or peel on your face to ensure you get all the impurities out.